2 Minitaurs = Problem

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
mr-emulator

2 Minitaurs = Problem

Post by mr-emulator » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:07 am

Hello, i just got me a second Minitaur yesterday. Trying to setup both in Cubase 6.5 i have them both running on different MIDI channels wich is fine until the moment i turn knobs or press buttons on either of them because it sends the data to the other Minitaur as well so the sound (ie Filtersweeps, EG Amt ...) on the other unit changes too wich makes it pretty useless running them both together in a setup.

Any suggestions to avoid this? :(

thealien666

Re: 2 Minitaurs = Problem

Post by thealien666 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:06 am

Maybe this is a stupid suggestion but, put them on separate MIDI channels maybe ?
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 am

Are you using a single MIDI port off your DAW or multiple USB connections?

I would suggest a multiport MIDI interface and MIDI-OX if you are using a Windows OS computer. You may be able to set up the MIDI-over USB in MIDI-OX too but I have never tried that.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 pm

perhaps you need to sort your midi routing in cubase so that midi coming in from one minitaur isn't passed out to the other one. Also, if they're really set to respond on two different MIDi channel numbers I don't think this would happen... Set cubase to send out on e.g. channel 2, press all four Minitaur panel buttons so they all start blinking, send MIDI on channel 2 to the Minitaur, Minitaur should set itself to Channel 2. If the first Minitaur is set to channel 1, they shouldn't cross-talk.

mr-emulator

Post by mr-emulator » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestions but i allready tried this out before my initial post. One Minitaur was running on MIDI channel 1 the and the other was set on channel 2 via its own MIDI settings. In Cubase i used two different MIDI tracks that had also set on channel 1 and 2 for each one of the Synths. Playing my USB MIDI-keyboard only the proper Minitaur responded which tell sme that my MIDI settings must have bon all right but as soon as i turned some knobs on one of them it sent the data to the other unit. Meanwile i brought one back to the shop and got me a Slim Phatty instead which i unfortunately don't like as much as a second Minitaur but will do. 8)

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:24 am

I'm kind of having a similar problem.

I got a Minitaur and was excited to polychain using polymind in Max For Live.
But--and set aside the poly idea for a moment--it is impossible to control both minitaurs with the editor. Ableton sees both minitaurs. The editors each see two minitaurs (although the editors don't give them different names like Ableton does). I can get one editor to handle a minitaur, but the other editor does nothing to the sound. I know it's connected because it will send and receive presets, but it won't actually affect the sound of the minitaur, nor will it actually *change* the preset loaded on the minitaur.

I tried using the standalone editor for one and the plugin for the other, but when the standalone senses a plugin instance it automatically closes.

Any tips, save from just programming each by hand?

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 pm

If I understand your question, and if you don't want to automate knob turns in Cubase, you can use the Minitaur editor to set the 'CC Filter' to on, which should block the receiving of cc data to the Minitaur.
Do you need the editor to send data to the Minitaur? Maybe it's the editor at fault - it was a rocky road getting that thing released and your setup seems like a corner case that may not have gotten the testing of the rest of it.
My guess is in your Cubase config somewhere you've got a MIDI channel set to 'omni'.
CCQ