Taurus 3 firmware update v1.2 - now with new features!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Amos

Taurus 3 firmware update v1.2 - now with new features!

Post by Amos » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi all,

Here is a new firmware update for the Taurus 3. I included a number of the most popularly-requested new features, like velocity sensitivity, MIDI note transposition controls (for notes in and out), LFO note reset (while in MIDI Sync), and MIDI filtering in/out. I hope you like it!

Download for Mac

Download for Windows

Enjoy... happy holidays from me and all your friends at Moog!

-Amos

dr_floyd

Re: Taurus 3 firmware update v1.2 - now with new features!

Post by dr_floyd » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:56 am

Thank you Amos and Moog.
I can't test this for a week yet, but adding velocity is a fantastic development, and a nice end-of-the-year surprise.

Have a great holiday.

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:37 am

thaks Amos!!
..::PATOBRUJO::..

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:39 pm

thanks !

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Guys, if you try this, please post back and let me know how it works for you.
I'm looking for some feedback before announcing this to the Taurus community at large.

Thanks!

-Amos

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:28 pm

I have tried to use the MIDI filter, but when you get to that menu the characters are unreadable and since, I haven't been able to use it. The MIDI Merge function seems to work, but some of the messages don't seem to pass thru. Is anyone else able to reproduce these problems?

Other than that, I tried the velocity feature and it works like a charm! I'm looking forward to the official release

Cheers!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Ah, I know what to do to fix that in the code.

bichuelo: You can fix that by doing a Factory Restore. If you have custom presets saved in your Taurus, you should export them as SysEx and save to a computer before you do the factory restore, as this will reset all presets to the original factory sounds.
It will also reset all the global data, which will fix the Midi Filter menu problem.

I'll modify the firmware to properly initialize the new global variables when you first run the new version, so you won't have to do this in future...

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 am

turning the knobs once also resolved the problem
installing ( via midi as usb doesn't work for me) went without any problem.
only one time a freezer , when changing the appergiator mode from b/f to loop /single and back. resolved without restart by changing preset. so big improvement.

the velocity is great. also the resolutionscaling a good point
i put it on resolution 8, with a value of +47 to the vcf.
i found that velocity on the vca has the same thing as not putting the overallsystemvolume on max: it chances the sound/ makes him less fat . even in very low values( tmho )
might sometimes be something someone looks for, mostly i prefer the full sound.
therefore a" Velocity to Resonance" ( again to mho ) would really have been even more usefull. maybe this can be implemented ???, although i don't want to be ungrateful.

and one more thing that annoys me a very tiny little bit :
could the function of the valueknob ( under the display ) be switched to : Turning normal in 10's and when Pushed turning would be in 1's ?? ( now it's the other way round )
would be more handy. i now find myself unnecessary too much pushing and turning when i edit. normally one first makes course-changes and the last few seconds the finer adjustments, not the other way round.

i'll still have to find out what xposout:global will do, and why the light in pgmmode ( secondpage under transpose ) under the glide doesn't go out once i switched it on ( should be tapper for lfo, but i don't seem to get that one right somehow .)

also for a start two small try-outs from yesterday when starting with velocity, under attachment:
http://www.zshare.net/download/98016365be0afd17/
http://www.zshare.net/download/98016392eea142ad/

( by the way is there any place where patchswapping can be done straight away on this forum, as the attachment function doesn't seem to take my sysex files ? )

till

Post by till » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Updating from version 1.13 went fine here using USB and my iMac.
Played and turned knobs for more then 2 hours. No problems here.
I am not using MIDI (except for sysex), so no new feature tested here.

Thanks for this Christmas present from Moog Music!
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:14 pm

happy new year all you moog addicts !

marty

Post by marty » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Amos,

A couple of items with the arpeggiator in the new firmware:

1. Octaves seem to be broken. So if I select 1 octave I get 2 beats of the same note, etc.

2. EDIT: The "Order" pattern works in reverse. The note stack ends up getting played backwards, from the last note added to the first.

Also notice some filter anomalies when switching from patch to patch, haven't been too scientific about it but the first time the envelope is triggered after changing patches the filter is either more open or more closed than it ought to be. Or perhaps the filter sensitivity is more or less than it should be. On subsequent triggers the patch behaves as programmed.

I had been running version 1.13 before upgrading to 1.2.

peace,
marty

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 pm

@Amos, thanks, I was able to fix it!

I still have some doubts. I have been able to change the Filter and Volume sensitivity in several patches, however, it only seems to work after you save the patch. Is this the expected behaviour?

Regarding MIDI, I've been trying to use the MIDI Out jack as a MIDI Thru, as I do with the SP, but it only seems to pass part of the MIDI stream, mainly the notes sent to the Taurus channel, and no MIDI clock. I thought it should pass all of the MIDI messages

Finally, I've found that the pedals send MIDI Note Off Velocity information. I wonder if you could add a feature to change de Decay Sensitivity according to the Note Off Velocity. It would be awesome!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 pm

fixing things now...

- Arpeggiator Octaves and Patterns fixed
- new parameters properly initialized on loading new firmware version
-"light in pgmmode ( secondpage under transpose ) under the glide doesn't go out once i switched it on ( should be tapper for lfo)" ... checked this, the light for GLIDE (lfo tap tempo in PGM mode) does go out if you manually adjust LFO Rate (which cancels tap-tempo rate). Light is only lit while LFO rate is set by tap-tempo and goes out when rate set by normal panel control. Looks like this is not true for ARP RATE tap-tempo; I will fix.

working on:
- filter/volume sensitivity, making sure they work immediately upon being set
- MIDI Merge, let's see if we can merge clocks as well
- first note after preset change, making sure it has correct filter/velocity settings
- value knob, normal adjustment = x10, press&turn = x1..

maybe, if there's time:
- velocity to resonance
- note-off velocity to EG Decay

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Haven't had time to try 1.2 yet but I'll wait till Amos fixes those things.

Whilst we have your attention could I point you to this thread:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=12365

I'm not sure if this is implemented in the new T3 firmware or not, but sounds like a good idea.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

FlowerP

Post by FlowerP » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Amos wrote:fixing things now...
Great. I need MIDI Note transpose, so I'll install the new OS as soon as it is stable.
Amos wrote:- value knob, normal adjustment = x10, press&turn = x1..
Please make this knob behaviour optionally selectable from the Master menu, as I prefer the current acceleration scheme. For coarse adjustments I use the Control wheel and for fine adjustments the Value knob.

What about the ability to overwrite the first bank of presets? Will this be possible in OS 1.2?
Gearlist: Right hand, Left hand. A couple of feet. And a few synthesizers.