MP-201 as Master Clock

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
BillyCardine

MP-201 as Master Clock

Post by BillyCardine » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am

He friends, I'm using the MP-201 with cv's to my Foogers but also with MIDI running to my Eventide boxes ending at the MURF. I'm using the MP-201 for Program Changes on the Eventides, but I'd also like to use it to Tap my Tempo and have it send that information to the Eventides and the MURF. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it though. I've been able to set up an LFO and tap it's tempo in, but I'm not able to send the tempo out via MIDI. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

BillyCardine

Re: MP-201 as Master Clock

Post by BillyCardine » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

Do I need to use a channel as the Master Clock? I was thinking I'd be able to do it 'globally' indifferent from the individual channels?

calaverasgrande

Re: MP-201 as Master Clock

Post by calaverasgrande » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 am

you got me. I've always used a drum machine as midi (or sync) master. It just seems logical that whatever is metering time with the beat should be metering time for midi.
I am curious what other folks experiences are. I am always eager to learn about midi sync and workarounds.
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld