Preset switching - HELP!

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
the mink

Preset switching - HELP!

Post by the mink » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm using a Tech 21 MIDI Mouse to change presets on my MP-201. The reason is that I want to leave the MP in Quad Mode all the time and not have to go back to Single just for preset switching.

Anyway, it's not working. Both units are set to MIDI channel 1, the MIDI light on the MP shows activity when I change presets on the MIDI Mouse... but nothing happens. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.

So frustrating. Let me know if you think of something!

EMwhite

Re: Preset switching - HELP!

Post by EMwhite » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Not sure if you've worked it out yet but indeed it works.

Need to go to 'Utilities' and set 'BASE CHANNEL' and 'PGM CHANGE Tx/Rx'. The Midi channel associated with CC's or Note ons within a channel is just 'local' to the channel. Also make sure that your MP is listening to the correct Midi connection (USB or DIN); default is likely global or both.

Just because the Midi light is flashing doesn't mean the commands/notes are being interpreted (though it's a step in the right direction!)

Am using a Novation MKII SL but am sure any controller will work.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!