Mike Bucki gone?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Kevin Lightner

Re: Mike Bucki gone?

Post by Kevin Lightner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:04 pm

I don't have a dog in this fight, but with all due respect MC, you were offline for only about 6 or 7 months and you even suffered a flood at one point.
Bucki has been AWOL for more than twice this and internet availability is better than it was back then.
If he really wanted to get online or contact past customers, I think he could have by now.

The fact is, people have gotten in contact with Bucki in the past year+ and he's promised things he's not followed through on.
He has said to people on the phone where he said he still has their gear.
He may well have had a hellish divorce, but I have problems believing he couldn't have got online sometime within all of this, especially in NY.
He could have posted a message somewhere such as here or his own domain in all this time.
He hasn't.
My town has only about 5000 people, but even the library provides internet access.
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin

bollinote

Post by bollinote » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Hello:
Easy question.
Has some one an new /current Mike bucki contact ? I believe that someone can give me this info.
Thank you in advance
Jan

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 am

MC, Mike had no problem getting in touch with me when he wanted me to send money, which I promptly did. Since he has my private email, why doesn't he take 3 minutes and tell me he is having personal issues and I would certainly understand... or please tell me anything.....
I can't believe you're trying to defend him on this issue... there simply is no excuse.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:55 pm

I can verify what MC has written about Mike going through a divorce. I contacted August Worley, his business partner and inquired about Mike. August is a member of this forum and of the Bob Moog Foundation. He is the one who expressed to me that Mike is going through a ”nasty divorce” (with respect to Mike’s privacy, which is why I opted in this thread that people PM me because Mike’s divorce situation isn’t necessarily fodder for public forums).

He has visited Mike’s shop a few times since December 2009, which the last time I spoke with Mike, and has said that every time he goes, Mike is working on synths, has a stack of invoices for repairs that are ready to be shipped, and some of those people haven’t paid their final bills yet, so they sit there. His shop is at his home, and he does have access to it, according to August, because he has seen “a different synth on the bench every time he visits”

So there IS a different side to this story, it is just AWOL.

I did post a link to Mike’s Facebook page on this thread.

Mike did work for me also and I was lucky to get my module…..which I sold because I finally lost confidence in his reliability.

August also said that Mike is going to try to unload some extra stuff (i gathered small inventory items like manuals and things) on ebay.

I really don’t know what further I can possibly say on this issue other than I feel very bad for those who have not received their merchandise.

Respectfully,
Eric
Last edited by EricK on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

bollinote

Post by bollinote » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello again:
Sorry to be reiterative but I believe that someone in this forum has the way to contact (email,phone...) Mr Bucki.
Please let me know if so
My private email is : [email protected] (in the case you will contact me privately).
Thank you in advance
Regards Jan

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Eric,

Let me summarize your post for you: "he has pretty much ruined my confidence in him as a merchant" ... "I also feel bad for Mike because of all this". You cannot make those two contradictory statements in one breath. In fact you complement him on being professional when you got mad - I interpret that exchange somewhat differently to you.

Mike made his choices in life, as we all do. That has nothing to do with the implied agreement when you offer your equipment to him to fix that he either honours that agreement or gives it back to you. No personal lifestyle problems are ever relevant.

With deep respect to everyone,
B
I've stopped talking now.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 am

Live,
I EDITED MY RESPONSE HERE.
E
Last edited by EricK on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:19 am

EricK wrote:.... or if we are still having this conversation in several months, then I might not be so willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt.
If you look at the date of the first post and it's mention that it had been 3 months since there was any contact, then I'd say he has had PLENTY of time to do something right.
First Post wrote: Mike Bucki gone?
by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:28 am

Check it out...can't find any contact information anywhere. Moogce.com has disappeared. Go to: http://search.retrosynth.com/ah/ and enter Bucki. No website anywhere has any contact info that has been updated. And no one has heard from him in three months. Anyone know of his whereabouts?
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:11 am

Voltor posted that on Jan 1st that noone has heard from him in three months. I had just had a very lengthy conversation with him on Dec 8th.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:42 pm

I think Eric is being far too kind and understanding. Whilst I can empathise with difficulties people have, we all have shite that we have to deal with in life and we just get on with it. I mean unless you have a debilitating disease then some form of internet statement takes five minutes. FFS he could log on here and post in this thread, ten minutes out of his day tops. It's not like he lives in the middle of the Gobi desert.

Even if you have a debilitaing disease you should make an effort: look at Stephen Hawking, he manages to communicate with people and he can barely twitch his finger! Are you really telling me that when you get divorced it takes 24/7 of your time? If so then sleep 7 hours instead of 8 one day and use that hour to get on the internet. This medium makes it so much easier than the old days where you'd have to write and call everyone individually. So little effort to gain so much (his reputation back), I mean if things are as bad as MC says then he's going to need all the work he can getto pay his ex. Or better he could ship all the stuff back and declare himself bankrupt, then she gets nothing and everyone gets their kit back.

To be incommunicado in the 21st century actually takes a fair bit of effort.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

rastro2

Post by rastro2 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:41 am

Just chiming in here. Mike has had my Memorymoog for over 2 years. And apparently, it's been paid for, fixed and ready to go "for a while". I actually managed to get him on the phone about a month and a half ago, and he claimed he didn't have enough money to ship it. I sent him a money order to cover shipping (he wouldn't take a check), and that's the last I've heard from him. Now, it's back to the usual, "straight to voicemail" when I call him. I'm trying to see if I can find someone in Buffalo to basically show up at his house, take the Memorymoog, and ship it to me--I don't even care if I eat the shipping cost that I sent him--I just want my instrument back. But I can't even get him on the phone to see if that's an option.
I'm glad to see that I'm not alone, but it doesn't assuage my fears.

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:20 am

i pray you guys will get your gear back but it looks like this guy is happy in his own little world and could care less. rastro2 - if what you say is true then this Bucki character is a POS. that's inexcusable. how does one pull a classless stunt like this and sleep at night? wow. just when i think i've read the worst story on here you guys come up with another one. i feel bad for you guys.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Just trying to keep this thread alive in case someone sees it and has some new information. I sent Mike a new email today..... just to make me feel better I guess. Can't believe I haven't seen my Taurus pedals in almost 3 years..........

update.....my email was just returned to me undeliverable.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:40 pm

:cry:

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I thought he had a Facebook page. Try "friending" him?
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin