Micromoog - bad CV Tracking & missing CV Out

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
patilon

Re: Micromoog - bad CV Tracking & missing CV Out

Post by patilon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 am

thank you!
unfortunately the schematic is not very understandable for me (and my small skills) next to the writing.
if anyone has done this with his micromoog and has a better schematic, this would be really great.
question is also if/where i can directly tap voltage from the micromoog itself

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:23 am

patilon wrote:thank you!
unfortunately the schematic is not very understandable for me (and my small skills) next to the writing.
if anyone has done this with his micromoog and has a better schematic, this would be really great.
question is also if/where i can directly tap voltage from the micromoog itself
To be honest, if you can't understand that little schematic and aren't sure where to obtain the voltage you need to run it - you shouldn't be attempting anything like this..! You'll end up with a synth that needs much more work putting right any problems that you will inevitably cause... :(

Get it to a tech who knows analogue synths...!

Cheers,
Tom

patilon

Post by patilon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 am

thanks for your help, but the schematic is not really readable very well,
apart from my little technical understanding i can´t really identify every letter.

>You'll end up with a synth that needs much more work putting right any problems that you will inevitably cause... :(
i won´t do it unless having figured out how to do it right :)

i repared the s-trig-problem (with help from some great people) and a few other minor things and am careful as hell
in general when it´s about modifying/repairing old stuff.
soldered a baby animal 4 channel-microphone preamp. i can´t remember having destroyed anything so far..
so with good detailled instructions i don´t see a problem getting things like this done as the schematic actually looks quite simple.
so, still happy for anyone coming with a detailled instruction complementing this schematic.
i really don´t want to waste your time or annoy you Tom! Your schematic is a great starting point! thank you!

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 pm

patilon wrote:i really don´t want to waste your time or annoy you Tom! Your schematic is a great starting point! thank you!
OK you could build this circuit into a small plastic project box and power it from a 9volt battery...! probably safer... :)

Any small PNP switching transistor would probably do it... here they chose a 2N2222A. You also need two 10K and one 100K resistors and a small diode - a 1n4048 would be ideal.

You need to be sure which leg of the transistor is emitter, base and collector (google it...?) and also which way around a diode points.

Join together a 10K and a 100K resistor.. the join is your S-trig input. Add another 10K resistor to the other end of the 10K already used. The join between the two 10K's here is your power +ve. The other end of this 10K goes to the transistors collector. Going back to the 100K resistor... the free end goes to the transistors base. The transistors emitter goes to ground. Where the second 10K resistor meets the transistors collector you need to attach the anode (the end without the band) of the diode. The diodes other end (Cathode) is your V-trig output.

Wire it all up to two jack sockets marked IN/OUT and just patch it into your trigger line. Safest way to go... :D

Let us know how you get on...
Cheers,
Tom

patilon

Post by patilon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:54 pm

thank you very much tom!
in connection with the schematic it´s now totally understandable!
yes finding out the transistors legs/diode polarisation is no problem,
also i looked up the symbols now to be able to comprehend the schematic :idea:

can i use the micromoogs output sockets for wiring to "ground" ?

i can test it this way with a battery.. that´s perfect. having done that, i´d be curious how to use
the internal power to supply it.
i guess the +15V connector would be too strong then and i´d first have to reduce it to 9V?
how would i do this? as i have to look for the parts anyways it would be great to be able
to buy parts need for this "task" as well.

edit: i couldn´t find a source for 1N4048. not one result at ebay for example.
do you have an alternative which might be a little bit more common?

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Sorry typo... it's a 1n4148 diode you need... :D

Don't bother with the internal PSU.. like I said build it into a separate box with jack sockets and use a battery. You can even use a switch type jack socket that will disconnect the battery when the plug is removed... and the battery will last years.

The ground will be connected via the Jack lead...!

Cheers,
Tom

patilon

Post by patilon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:05 pm

>Sorry typo... it's a 1n4148 diode you need... :D
thanks!

>The ground will be connected via the Jack lead...!
the ground/ring-solder points of the input/outpug-plugs then i guess
(not being a native english speaker some terms are less clear from time to time)

i´ll do it that way.. external box!

patilon

Post by patilon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:40 am

do i have to connect the minus-pole of the battery somewhere?