Syncing Sub 37 to Arturia's Moog Modular Sequencer

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Tyler

Syncing Sub 37 to Arturia's Moog Modular Sequencer

Post by Tyler » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Anyone know how to or if there is a way to sync the sequencer clock rate rate on a Moog Sub 37 to the Arturia Moog Modular V 2.5 sequencer.

I am pretty new to this concept and can't seem to manually get the sequence speed between the two instruments to sync up. As it stands the two sequencers (when playing simultaneously seem to drift together and and then apart. I understand there might be a way to sync the sequencer rates via MIDI ????? Is this possible???

As my JV-80 is currently connected as a controller (via MIDI) to MMV on an older Mac iBook (this is working very well)... is it possible to additionally connect the Moog Sub 37 to the laptop using a USB cable as a MIDI feed and... sync the Sub 37's to match it's sequencer rate to that on the MMV?

Wesley

Re: Syncing Sub 37 to Arturia's Moog Modular Sequencer

Post by Wesley » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:46 am

I have had no success syncing the Arturia Modular to the outside world. Would also like to know if it can be done.

Tyler

Re: Syncing Sub 37 to Arturia's Moog Modular Sequencer

Post by Tyler » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Okay... I hope this comes as good news to some of you working with both or either of the Sub 37 and or Arturia's Moog Modular V software.

After having spent a brief amount of time with help from forum member "narrowcaster" and the Sub 37 manual (pg. 15) I have happily synced my E-RM MIDIClock+ to both my Sub 37 and Arturia MMV software (prior to this I was experiencing some drifting in the Sub 37's clock rate... which as I now understand is to be expected when it comes to clock rates). This has given a whole new realm of rhythmic possibilities to my rig. All I had to do was send a midi clock signal out from the clock to the Sub 37 and likewise to the Arturia software... press the sync button next to the ARP Rate knob on the Sub 37, adjusting the clock rate on the E-RM MIDIClock+... and voila! The two arpeggio or sequence rates on the Sub 37 and Arturia MMV are now controllable and very precisely in step with the E-RM MIDIClock+. There was nothing I had to do with either Sub 37 or Arturia MMV in terms of software configurations except to ensure the default midi channels were set to send receive channel 1.