TAURUS 1 modification/accessory ports

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
alextoevs

TAURUS 1 modification/accessory ports

Post by alextoevs » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:58 pm

hello! i am modding out a taurus 1 (converting it to a 3 octave keyboard, midi, and adding patch points for modulation from a modular). curious if anyone has mapped out all the accessory patch points that the un-used pin connectors connect to and their ranges?

and please do not be alarmed. this was a very rough instrument that had been stored in an unconditioned space in arizona and never a reasonable candidate for restoration.

thanks!

MC

Re: TAURUS 1 modification/accessory ports

Post by MC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:33 am

Never saw any documentation on those ports. Those ports were intended for a remote controller.

The Custom Engineering department back then could build a remote controller which basically was a duplicate of the front panel with multicore cable. I know of at least one that was made for Genesis.

Mike Bucki has all the documents from the CE department, but nothing on the remote controller. He has never seen one. Bucki is MIA.

When the Polymoog was in development there was a plan to include a control panel for remote control of the T1. Both were part of the original Constellation system. This plan never panned out due to issues getting the Polymoog into production at all.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

alextoevs

Re: TAURUS 1 modification/accessory ports

Post by alextoevs » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

thanks for getting back to me! looks like i am going to have to do a bit of guess and check. the schems at least give an idea of what goes where.
Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 9.11.35 PM.png