Moog Modular Internal Patching

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
D.E.L.B.

Moog Modular Internal Patching

Post by D.E.L.B. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what this guy is doing here exactly? So many wires going on I'm finding it hard to follow + the manual that he has provided is in German. I've been able to follow it relatively well up until this point as I already know a lot about synthesis already but the internal signal routing is something that is new to me...

...anyway, here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTO6SnySVfI

He's using the 993 TRIGGER AND ENVELOPE VOLTAGES PANEL but I'm not sure how this works and what it all means.

Cheers.

noddyspuncture

Re: Moog Modular Internal Patching

Post by noddyspuncture » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

Those switches link the Trigger to the EG's. The input to the panel is Trig1 (which is usually the keyboard) can be switched to one or all of three EG's. (White switch) Then you can select if those EG's outputs also get routed to their respective VCA's. (Green switch)

I think the 993 also has two switches (the top ones) that route Trig1 or Trig2 to the input of the Dual Trigger Delay module..?
I think the equivalent of this module which is part of the CP4, does not have these top two routing switches.

Cheers,
Tom

D.E.L.B.

Post by D.E.L.B. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks.

What does the Dual Trigger Delay do exactly? I understand how that works now but not sure how the Dual Trigger Delay works.

Thanks.

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:02 pm

D.E.L.B. wrote:What does the Dual Trigger Delay do exactly?
It 'delays' the trigger by up to 10 seconds... two channels used either independently, in series or in parallel.
A very useful module, if I may say...!

Cheers,
Tom

D.E.L.B.

Post by D.E.L.B. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:23 pm

That's interesting.

So you know the Series/Parallel functions, if it were Parallel then both of the delays would initiate at the same time but if it was Series then the top would initiate first and then the bottom would initiate? Is that right? So it's basically like a double trigger but whilst using one trigger, because it's sending one delayed trigger and then another delayed trigger but by using the trigger from controller 1/2.

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:08 am

That is correct... when trigger one finally gets to trigger, after it's own delay setting completes, it then fires trigger two which then waits until it's delay setting completes and then it outputs the trigger where ever you patched it.

In parallel both delay circuits receive the same trigger at the same time but they can be set to different delays and also patched to different destinations.

Cheers,
Tom