Vibronic Music - Kenny Fine is Back on Moog Forums

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
kennyfine

Vibronic Music - Kenny Fine is Back on Moog Forums

Post by kennyfine » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

Somehow I was not able to log on under a previous username so here I am again. I was the CEO of the first Moog retail store in the US back around 1975 (Vibronic Music Services in Ardmore, PA) Bob Moog attended my grand opening and we had tons of press. My partner (Mark Paturka) and I sold mostly Mini Moogs and modular systems and we eventually became an authorized service center. As professional musicians, we eventually started a group called The Philadelphia Moog Ensemble and performed concerts all over the East Coast... mostly colleges. I also performed as one of the first pop Moog studio musicians at Philly International Records and Sigma Sound Studios. My Moog System III was used on many hit R&B albums e.g. The Spinners, Lou Rawls, Mandrel and commercials.

It's ironic that I ended up in Asheville, NC, home of Moog Music headquarters. I just got here April 1st and hope to visit Moog Music soon. So, if anyone remembers my store or The Philadelphia Moog Ensemble I'd love to hear from you!! By the way, back at that time Bob Moog invited me to a private tour of his facility in NY. What a blast!

Ken Fine, Ph.D.
Ken Fine, Ph.D.
CEO
+++++++++++++++++++
Blue Moon Talent, Inc.

-- Nashville, TN
-- Denver, CO
-- Asheville, NC

Main Office:
151 NC Highway 9, Suite B-251
Black Mountain, NC 28711

Phone: 828-357-5537

[email protected]
www.BlueMoonTalent.com

Spitfire

Re: Vibronic Music - Kenny Fine is Back on Moog Forums

Post by Spitfire » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Welcome back! :mrgreen:
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

museslave

Post by museslave » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey, Kenny!

If you have interesting memorabilia, the Bob Moog Foundation is always looking for donations to the archives... which are destined for the Moogseum... here in Asheville. :)
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 pm

I am way too young to remember Vibronic Music, as I was born in 1982, but would love to hear some of your stories from those days, as well as the history of your store. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:25 am

Ha ha, Voltor . . . same age :wink: . Consequently, I don't remember that either.

But Kenny, it sounds like you're a knowledgeable soul with a brimming brain that's ripe for picking. I look forward to learning from yet another master of the Moog universe, for I am but a bourgeoning fledgling in the realm of world-class analog moogulation.

Welcome back

kennyfine

Post by kennyfine » Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 am

Hello museslave, I used to have a book full of original print ads that we used for my store back in 1975'ish... but alas, all gone. I will look in my backup files as I may have a scan of one of the ads. I may also have some photos of my music due "Philadelphia Moog Ensemble".
Ken Fine, Ph.D.
CEO
+++++++++++++++++++
Blue Moon Talent, Inc.

-- Nashville, TN
-- Denver, CO
-- Asheville, NC

Main Office:
151 NC Highway 9, Suite B-251
Black Mountain, NC 28711

Phone: 828-357-5537

[email protected]